- objects found on flee markets in London
- projection of a standard 8 mm film, video, sound, light
- film projection: 8 mm standard film “London Fog“, a movie filmed in London showing the slow disappearance of the porcelain electric coffee pot
- sound: “God Save the King” from the old and damaged record, slowed down from 78 rpm to 45 rpm
- video: “Walk Through London“A slow-motion loop of the documentation showing artist’s walk through London dressed in the gentlemen suit
The “Greenhouse” project started as a site-specific installation in the garden where I was living while in London. I used the greenhouse as a symbol of English space, a container of time and my experiences, expectations and understanding of England. The idea was to put together the “work” done during the whole year by visiting boot sales, second-hand shops, searching for and recognizing things on street and by theoretical research.After moving the greenhouse from its original location (although it is not the same greenhouse) to the gallery space, changes occurred in perception and the greenhouse became an isolated sculptural object deprived of its determinating surrounding.
Link to the text by Ruzica Simunovic:
or Share on Facebook